It’s that time of the year. The elf on the shelf is preparing its comeback, so I thought I would share with you 24 easy elf on the shelf ideas for toddlers. All of these can be done in under 5 minutes, because sometimes we just need some quick ideas in the evenings.
This is the first year that we’re having an elf on the shelf over, so we are very excited. This is the elf that we got (*affiliate link).
Some of these ideas do require some bits bought in advance, but for a lot of them you probably already own everything you need.
Let’s see what these cheeky elves get up to during December.
Elf on the shelf ideas for toddlers
- Elf climbing gift bows
- Elf wraps kids shoes in cling foil or aluminum foil
- Elf hides in a used pack of wipes
- Elf draws on oranges
- Elf makes a hot chocolate station
- Elf makes a Cheerios necklace out of twine
- Elf draws something for the kids on paper
- Elf post mail
- Elf hanging from twine
- Elf uses tape to create webs around a room or around chairs
- Elf uses tape to stick toddler’s cars/small toys to radiator or door
- Elf brings a decorate-your-own-tree for the little ones
- Elf uses toilet paper all over bathroom or swings from it
- Elf “poops” chocolate bits or raisins in toddler’s potty
- Elf creates a swing for himself out of toilet paper carton and twine
- Elf creates a bed for himself out of a blanket
- Elf puts out muffins and takes a bite
- Elf gets in a toy stroller
- Elf rides reindeer
- Elf fishing (using reusable straw and twine)
- Elf hides in the Christmas tree
- Elf brings all books together and creates a reading corner
- Elf hides on the ceiling light
- Elf hides in a jar
If you’d like to see more shots of these elf on the shelf ideas, you can give this video a watch as well:
I hope you found these elf on the shelf ideas for toddlers helpful. Do share your own ideas below, so that we can get inspiration from one another.