This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I make a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Disclosure here.
Wondering what content to post for Halloween this year? Get inspired with this list of 161 best Halloween blog post ideas for a variety of niches.
Seasonal content is a really important type of content to create for your blog. That is because seasonal blog posts get high search volumes on Google and Pinterest during that specific season.
If you can get your post to rank in Google or to appear in the Pinterest algorithm, you are bound to see high traffic, lots of pageviews and shares on that post.
On top of that, creating these types of blog posts and keeping them updated throughout the years is a very smart strategy, because posts like this can bring you an influx of views every single year during that season.
The best time to post seasonal content is actually a few weeks or even months before.
Because blog posts take time to start ranking in Google search and even on Pinterest. Which means, ideally, you will publish your Halloween content, for example, 1-2 months beforehand.
This way, your blog post has a chance of ranking by the time people actually start searching for that topic online.
Also, if your seasonal content does not perform the best that year that you first publish it, don’t get discouraged.
Make sure to update it every year a few months before the season hits, and there is a high chance that your blog post will pick up in traffic around that time every year. Especially if your blog post is well optimised for SEO.
If you’re unsure how to optimise your blog post for SEO, you need 2 to know 2 things. The first thing is to follow this SEO Checklist for every post that you write.
And the second thing is to learn how to do keyword research before you start writing your post, which we cover in Blogging Secrets.
So if you haven’t already created any blog posts for the season, whether that’s for fall or for Halloween, then I hope this post gives you some inspiration to get writing.
You might also want to have a look at this Social Media Content Calendar for 2022, which will give you all the social media marketing holidays that you should know about, so that you can create content around them.
161 Halloween Blog Post Ideas
Halloween blog post ideas for food blogs
1. Traditional Halloween recipe ideas
2. Most popular Halloween foods
3. Ideas for the Best Halloween Night Menu
4. Best Halloween Party Recipes
5. Roundup of Fun Halloween Appetizers
6. X Halloween Themed Foods
7. Easy Halloween Apple Recipes
8. Easy Halloween Pumpkin Recipes
9. Spooky Food Ideas for Halloween
10. Savoury Halloween Food Ideas
11. Halloween Party Food on a Budget
12. Family Favourite Halloween Recipes Round-Up
13. Best Halloween Drinks Round-Up
14. Top 5 Halloween Cupcake Ideas
15. Favourite Autumn/Halloween Recipes to Try
16. Best Fall Pie Recipes to Make This Season
17. Easy and Spooky Halloween Cocktail Ideas
18. Clever Halloween Themed Cocktail Name Ideas
19. Halloween Themed Drink Ideas for Kids
Halloween blog post ideas for fashion blogs
1. X Ideas for Easy Halloween Costumes
2. X Ideas for Halloween Costumes that Only Take 5 Minutes
3. X Budget Friendly Costume Ideas for Halloween
4. Top 10 Halloween Costumes
5. X Trendy Halloween Costumes for 2022
6. Halloween Costume Ideas for Couples
7. Halloween Outfit Ideas Without Wearing a Costume
8. Halloween Outfit Ideas with a Black Dress
9. Scary Halloween Costume Ideas that are Easy to Make
10. Easy Halloween Costume Ideas with Normal Clothes
11. Classic Halloween Costume Ideas
12. X Halloween Costume Ideas for Teens
13. Top Halloween Accessories for Easy Costume Outfits
14. Gothic Accessories to Try for Halloween Outfits
15. Casual Outfit Ideas for a Halloween Party
16. Good Halloween Costumes for a Group
17. How to Recreate Movie Group as Halloween Costume
18. Funny Casual Halloween Costumes to Wear to Work
Halloween blog post ideas for mom blogs
1. Halloween mom and son costumes
2. Halloween mom and daughter costumes
3. Halloween outfit ideas for moms
4. Funny Halloween costumes for babies
5. Ideas for Baby’s First Halloween
6. Mom Hacks for Halloween
7. Easy Halloween Party Ideas for Busy Moms
8. Easy Halloween Appetizers for Busy Moms
9. Last Minute Costume Ideas for Moms
10. Family Friendly Halloween Movies to Watch
11. How to Celebrate Halloween with a Baby or Toddler
12. Creative Halloween Treats for Kids
13. How to Organise a Halloween Party for Kids
14. Crafts Ideas for Kids for Halloween
15. How to Use Recycling as Fun Kids Projects for Halloween
16. Top Tips for Going Trick or Treating with Kids
17. Ideas for Painting Pumpkins with Kids
18. How to Have a Budget Friendly Halloween with Your Family
19. Best Halloween Books for Kids
20. Montessori Inspired Activity Ideas for Halloween
Halloween blog post ideas for DIY blogs
1. Cheap Halloween Costumes You Can DIY
2. How to Make a Pumpkin Halloween Costume
3. Easy DIY Halloween Decorations Round-Up
4. DIY Halloween Projects using Pumpkins
5. Unique Pumpkin Carving Ideas for Halloween
6. DIY Scary Halloween Decoration Ideas
7. Halloween DIY Ideas Using Fall Leaves
8. DIY Outdoor Halloween Decorations
9. Dollar Tree / Poundland Halloween DIY Ideas
10. DIY Haunted House Props to Make Yourself
11. How to Make DIY Ghost Decorations for Halloween
12. DIY Halloween Decorations with Household Items
13. How to make DIY Colouring Pages for Halloween
14. DIY Halloween Decor Ideas to Make with Kids
15. Easy Halloween DIY Candy Ideas
16. DIY Trick or Treat Basket Ideas
17. Best DIY Craft Projects for Kids
Halloween blog post ideas for home decor blogs
1. How to Decorate for Halloween for Cheap
2. Ideas for Home Decor for Halloween
3. How to Make Your House Look Scary for Halloween
4. Outdoor Halloween Decorations Ideas
5. How to Turn Your House into a Haunted House for Halloween
6. Ideas to Decorate Your Bedroom for Halloween
7. How to Decorate Your Windows at Halloween
8. Best Halloween Homeware Items 2022
9. How to Decorate Your House for Halloween on a Budget
10. Halloween Decor Ideas for a Flat
11. How to Decorate a Cosy Home for Autumn
12. Best Etsy Shops for Halloween Decor
13. How to Decorate a Mantelpiece for Halloween
14. Front Porch Decor Ideas for Halloween
15. How to Decorate a Staircase for Halloween
16. Decorating Ideas for Halloween Table Setting
17. Upcycle Decor Ideas for Halloween
18. Best Decor Items for a Budget Friendly Halloween
Halloween blog post ideas for social media or marketing blogs
1. Halloween Quotes Ideas for Social Media Posts
2. X Funny Halloween Quotes for Instagram
3. Ideas on What to Post on Instagram at Halloween
4. Halloween Caption Ideas for Instagram
5. Halloween Marketing Ideas for a Successful Campaign
6. Canva Ideas for Halloween Social Media Posts
7. How to Update Your Facebook Cover for Halloween
8. Best Posts to Publish Before Halloween
9. How to Create a Halloween Theme on Your Instagram Feed
10. Best Hashtags to Use for Halloween in 2022
11. Halloween Instagram Stories Ideas
12. How to Grow Your Brand Online with a Halloween Campaign
13. How to Create a Halloween Campaign to Make More Sales
14. Email Marketing Campaign Ideas for Hallowen
15. Halloween Marketing Strategies for Etsy Shop Owners
16. How to Make More Sales on Etsy at Halloween
17. Guide to a Halloween Sale Strategy
18. Halloween Marketing Ideas for eCommerce Websites
Halloween blog post ideas for beauty blogs
1. Scary Halloween Makeup Ideas
2. How to Create a Halloween Skelleton Makeup Look
3. Best Halloween Makeup Products
4. Top Halloween Themed Makeup Products for 2022
5. Super Easy Halloween Makeup
6. How to Use a Black Eyeliner for Halloween Makeup
7. What to Use for Halloween Makeup Instead of Face Paint
8. How to Do a Witch Halloween Makeup
9. How to Create Halloween Fake Skin with Household Items
10. Halloween Makeup Ideas for Kids
11. X Halloween Makeup Tutorials Round-Up
12. Easy Halloween Makeup Looks for Beginners
13. How to Use Your Regular Makeup to Create a Halloween Look
14. Best Halloween Nail Art Tutorials Round-Up
15. Super Quick Face Paint Tutorial for Halloween
16. Creepy Halloween Makeup Looks for Beginners
17. Best Hair Accessories for Halloween Looks
Halloween blog post ideas for travel blogs
1. Best places to spend Halloween
2. Things to Do for Halloween 2022
3. Top Countries that Have the Best Halloween Celebrations
4. US Cities that Celebrate Halloween the Most
5. Best Halloween Destinations in Europe
6. Best Halloween Destinations on a Budget
7. Top Halloween Destinations for Couples
8. Top Halloween Holidays with Kids
9. Best Spooky Places to Visit at Halloween
10. Best Places to Go for Halloween in the UK
11. Top Halloween Events 2022 (in a certain location)
12. Ways in Which Different Countries Celebrate Halloween
13. List of European Haunted Places to Visit
14. Top Spooky Getaways in Your Local Area
15. Round-Up of Halloween Festivals or Events in 2022
16. Best Haunted Experience Places to Book this Year
17. Best Halloween Travel Mugs on Etsy
Halloween blog post ideas for lifestyle blogs
1. How to Celebrate Halloween at Home
2. Best Series to Watch on Netflix for Halloween
3. Top 10 Classic Halloween Movies
4. How to Make Your Home Cosy for Halloween
5. Halloween Activity Ideas at Home
6. Ways to Celebrate Halloween with Kids at Home
7. Top Farms Nearby to Visit at Halloween
8. Halloween Shopping Guide for 2022
9. Outfit Ideas to Wear During October
10. Best Halloween Hot Drinks
11. How to Celebrate Halloween Without it Being Scary
12. Where to Buy Halloween Decorations in the UK
13. Ideas for a Stunning Halloween Flatlay
14. How to Have an At-Home Halloween Photo Shoot
15. Round-Up of Your Previous Halloween Costumes
16. List of Halloween Music for a Spooky Atmosphere
17. Best Horror or Mystery Books to Read at Halloween
How do I find blog post ideas?
Whether you are looking for blog post ideas for evergreen, all year-round content, or just for seasonal content, there are a few methods to follow that will help you get great ideas easily.
The first way you could do this content research is by looking on Pinterest.
If you go into the Pinterest search bar and you type in a word related to your niche, you will see a list of suggestions for that topic. And if you click on any of those suggestions, you will be able to see exactly what type of content is already created on that topic.
See if you can put your own spin on any of those topics in a blog post form.
The second way you could get more blog post ideas is by repeating this process very similarly in Google search. The search bar in Google can be an amazing place for you to get ideas for content. And not just any content, but ideas and questions that people are actually searching for.
We dive into more details about this in the blog post about How to stay organised as a blogger.
The third way is for you to sit down with pen and paper (or a digital form of that), and brainstorm your content. Think about the main pillars of your content and what type of posts you could create that would be helpful for your audience.
If you have no idea what your audience needs help with or what their struggles are, have a look at the market research part of this blog post about How to Create an Ebook.
Yes, the post is about creating ebooks, but you will see in the beginning the exact process I go through to find my audience’s pain points and struggles. So that I know to create content that is actually helpful for them.
How to come up with creative content ideas
If you’re stuck in a creative rut and have no idea what content to create next, there are a few things you could do to spark that creativity again.
For example, you could read a book related to your niche, listen to a podcast, watch a YouTube video, scroll through Instagram (in the purpose of doing research).
This does not mean you should go around and copy other people’s content. It is simply for inspiration and for you to put your own spin on a certain topic you might find interesting.
Sometimes you will watch a YouTube video completely unrelated to your topic, but it will spark some ideas that you could try for your own blog.
Most of the time, the more you learn and consume, the more inspired you will feel.
If you need more blog post ideas, here you go:
- 365 Blog Post Ideas – a Year of Lifestyle Posts
- 100 Lifestyle Blog Post Ideas
- 100 Fashion Blog Post Ideas
- 100 Mom Blog Post Ideas
- 30 Fall Fashion Blog Post Ideas 2019
- 30 Fall Fashion Blog Post Ideas 2018
Those are 161 best Halloween blog post ideas if you needed some help with creating content for the year.
What are you going to post next on your blog? Let me know in the comments!